Have CRPS in L leg. Taking Nucynta (tapentadol) ER 100mg and Nucynta (tapentadol) 50mg. Doc says only SCS will help at this point. Any other answers?

Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management

In brief: YES!!

Spinal cord stimulator is a LAST resort & are fraught w/failures & complications.
A more conservative approach would be to try applying Vit. D cream to the skin, if you can touch it, or Prologel.Vit B complex (esp. B12) orally.If you get some response, you may be able to eventually tolerate neuroprolotherapy which can calm the nerves & stop the pain.If it fails, SCS is still an option.

In brief: YES!!

Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management

In brief: See below

There are other options besides medication and SCS.
However, I would not delay treatment. CRPS can become "permanent" and is more difficult to treat the longer it goes on. Lumbar sympathetic blocks may be an option.

In brief: See below

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care