What is the treatment for bed sore?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Education & Relief
Education, relief of pressure, adequate dietary intake, wound care, surgical/mechanical/enzymatic cleansing and evaluation.

In brief: Education & Relief
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Devang Patel
I urge doctors to start using platelet rich plasma. I am seeing chronic wounds that are years old healing in a matter of weeks! I am not joking. Learn more at cytomedix.com for a product called Autologel. FDA approved for Decubitus, diabetic and venous stasis ulcers.
Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends...
On the depth of the pressure.
The general rule is "no pressure, no sore." so the pressure must be removed by frequent (every 2 hour) repositioning of the patient to remove constant pressure from any one area. If the sore is deep enough, the only treatment may be surgical, but even then, pressure sore surgery is a biological bandaid: without a change in care, the sore will certainly recur.

In brief: Depends...
On the depth of the pressure.
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Devang Patel