What is called type 2 diabetes disease?

Adult onset. Type 2 diabetes can start in younger people, but generally it is adult onset. People with diabetes type 1 disease require insulin. Those with type 2 disease often can be controlled on oral medications, although sometimes the disease progresses to where they will need insulin. Complications of the disease in terms of microvascular injuries very similar between type 1 and 2.
2nd form discovered. Type i diabetes was first discovered as an elevated blood sugar and then as a lack of Insulin production. Later it was found that patients in there adult hood also had elevated blood sugar, but they over produce Insulin and are in an Insulin resistant state. This second form was named type ii diabetes.