What is the treatment for allergic reaction to insect bite?

Depends. The answer depends on the severity of the allergic reaction. If it is mild- just some redness and itching, an antihistamine, such as Benadryl (diphenhydramine) will help. People who get severe reactions- such as difficulty breathing, or swelling of the mouth, tongue, or throat, should carry an epi-pen, which is injectable epinephrine.

Related Questions

What are treatment for an allergic reaction to insect bite?

Depends. Depends on the severity of the reaction on the skin-redness, swwollen, pain. As well as what kind of insect bite. The reaction are varies on different individuals, some are very allergic, some have minor eaction. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) is recomended first.But you have pain with swelling then you need to see a doctor for steroids and/or antibiotics . Read more...

Are there treatment guidelines for allergic reaction to insect bites?

Depends. Depending upon what insect is responsible. If this is from a bee sting reaction, then there are potential treatments available. Speak with a physician to understand what the reaction was and the best treatment options. Read more...
Insect bites. Treatment will depend on the severity of your condition. It is important to note that no specific antivenom is available to counteract the poison injected by the insect. The majority of problems requiring medical treatment result from the allergic reaction to the sting. Many of the complications from an allergic reaction respond well to various medications-when given in time. Read more...