How can we cope with type 1 diabetes while pregnancy?

Dr. Michael Carson
In brief: Work With Your Doc
Diabetes can be complex, but is very manageable.
First, get it controlled before pregnancy, which means get the hba1c <7%. Type 1 dm can be complex, so at least get it as close to 7% as possible to decrease the risk of congenital abnormalities. Next, have your physician review your sugars every week, see them regularly, and let them know if you have questions/concerns.

In brief: Work With Your Doc
Dr. Michael Carson
Dr. Michael Carson
2 comments
Dr. Paul Cohen
It is also very important to have really good dietary control. It is important for pregnant patients to gain an appropriate amount of weight; however, doing it smartly will reduce the risk of overly large babies(which can occur more commonly in diabetic patients. Following regularly with your obstetrician is critical to make sure the diabetes is appropriately controlled while assuring baby is getting appropriately nourished.
Dr. Jeffrey Unger
Ask your doctor if you are a candidate for an insulin pump and continuous glucose sensor
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
General Practice
In brief: Not endocrinologist
I am not an endocrinologist.
My practice is limited to surgery and self healing meditation for cancers and chronic illnesses as a secondary support management. I would suggest, please call and make an appointment with endocrinologist or ask your primary care doctor. Sorry i can't answer your question.

In brief: Not endocrinologist
I am not an endocrinologist.
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Eulogio Galvez
Dr. Adam Smith