Started bleeding for one day but the bleeding stopped and now spotting. Never been on birth control. Took pregnancy test negative. Came two days early?

Don't know reason. The main reason for light periods is a change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: implantation bleeding in early pregnancy, thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives & perimenopause.
Spotting. Your spotting may actually represent your period. See what happens next month and if you are still spotting consult your doctor.