I have early periodontitis but can't afford dental care. What mouthwash, toothpaste, and other products should I use to help it until I can get care?

Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Floss

You might check to see if there is a local reduced fee clinic where you can receive the necessary treatment to help you stop the progression of periodontal disease.
Until you see them, you should floss every day, brush after every meal and just before bed; Listerine works well in reducing oral bacterial levels. You might also want to incorporate a fluoride rinse daily at night just before bed.

In brief: Floss

In brief: Periodontitis

Sorry, but mouthwash and toothpaste will not cure periodontal disease.
Active periodontal disease is an infection that needs to be treated by a dentist or periodontal specialist. If you can't afford to see a dentist, try a local dental school or clinic. ( contact the local dental society for clinics in your area). In the meantime, practice proper and thorough brushing and flossing.

In brief: Periodontitis

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Care Credit

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that can be used for dental procedures. This is a healthcare credit card, offered by more than 65% of all dentists to help patients like you access the care they need and want without insurance coverage.

In brief: Care Credit

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Dr. Arnon Rubin