I'm 18 weeks pregnant and my sides hurt!! At first I thought it might have something to do with urine infection? But I'm not sure! They hurt! :(

Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Pregnant with pain

I think you should be checked if you are in significant pain.
It could be muscular, but it certainly could be a urinary tract infection, or something else. Increase your fluids and consider being seen.

In brief: Pregnant with pain

Dr. Nickolas Soumelidis

In brief: Second trimester

round ligament pain to be a likely reason.
your uterus is getting bigger and thats putting pressure on pelvic floor muscles.if you have no urinary complaints or vaginal bleeding ,no reason for concern.if you concern enough give your obgyn a call

In brief: Second trimester

Dr. Jane Van Dis