What are the tests for bladder incontinence?

In brief: History, exam, labs
History and physical are probably most important.
You should also have a urine test. I often check a simple flow test with residual to make sure the patient is emptying. Urodynamics for more complex patients and cysto if i'm planning surgery (look in the bladder). For more: @thepeedoc www.Peedoc.Com.

In brief: History, exam, labs
Dr. Roscoe Nelson
Dr. Roscoe Nelson
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology
In brief: Depends.
Sometimes no specific testing is needed.
Other times your doctor may recommend urodynamic testing(bladder function study). A pressure sensing catheter is inserted into your bladder to determine how your bladder responds to being filled, how well it empties and to measure certain pressures. Your doctor can use this information to help determine how to best treat your specific symptoms.

In brief: Depends.
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Steven Seres