What are the tests for acute kidney failure?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: BUN, Creatinine &
Serum elecrolytes.

In brief: BUN, Creatinine &
Serum elecrolytes.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. John Wigneswaran
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Other tests
I agree with the previous doctor, beyond blood tests you can also check the size of your kidney with an ultrasound.
There are also specific biomarkers- expensive blood tests- to monitor any damage to the kidney if you have experienced any kidney failure. The main test is the creatinine- a protein measured in the blood If its high it means your kidney may have sustained some damage.

In brief: Other tests
Dr. John Wigneswaran
Dr. John Wigneswaran
Dr. Alok Agrawal
In brief: Blood, urine, US
Blood test for bun, creatinine urine analysis with sediment exam urine for sodium , creatinine, osmolality ulrarsound of kidneys.

In brief: Blood, urine, US
Dr. Alok Agrawal
Dr. Alok Agrawal
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care