What are the tests for acute kidney failure?

Other tests. I agree with the previous doctor, beyond blood tests you can also check the size of your kidney with an ultrasound. There are also specific biomarkers- expensive blood tests- to monitor any damage to the kidney if you have experienced any kidney failure. The main test is the creatinine- a protein measured in the blood If its high it means your kidney may have sustained some damage.
Blood, urine, US. Blood test for bun, creatinine urine analysis with sediment exam urine for sodium, creatinine, osmolality ulrarsound of kidneys.