What are the tests for seizure disorder?

Many. Researchers and physicians use a variety of diagnostic imaging techniques and chemical and metabolic analyses to detect, manage, and treat neurological disease. Common tests include: blood lab work, genetic testing, neuro exam, x-rays, mri, ct scans, angiography, biopsy, cerebrospinal fluid analysis, emg, eeg and pet scanning.
EEG and imaging. The most common tests are an electroencephalogram -EEG, and neuroimaging, usually MRI. When seizures are hard to control, ambulatory EEG. If surgery is considered PET scanning may be considered.
PET scan... Pet and spect scans can be helpful in mapping seizure foci. Ictal or interictal scans can be performed.