Why binge eating disorder is a bad one?

Medical problems are. Serious in binge eating just as they are in restriction of anorexia. Though weight loss is not a problem and mortality rates not nearly as high, medical problems can be very serious. Throwing up and/or constant use of laxatives can lead to erosion of teeth enamel, large bowel problems, menstrual irregularities, severe electrolyte loss and resulting cardiac problems, pancreatic irritation, and more.
Disorder . It's uncontrolled eating. Usually part of a binge/ purge cycle. This is destructive to self esteem and self perception. You get angry at yourself for binging, then react by eating more. Bad cycle, isn't it? See therapist for help.
According to. National eating disorders association, binge eating can result in many of the same health risks associated with obesity. Some of the potential health consequences of binge eating disorder include: – high blood pressurehigh cholesterol levels – heart disease as a result of elevated triglyceride levels – type ii diabetes mellitus & – gallbladder disease.
Harmful to health. Binge eating is harmful to both your physical and emotional health. Bingeing can lead to weight gain and cause issues related to increased weight, such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke and more. The level of shame and guilt associated with binge eating may lead to poor self-esteem, depression, anxiety and social isolation. There is treatment available and recovery is possible.