What are the tests for pulmonary hypertension?

PH evaluation. The conclusive diagnostic test for PAH is a right heart catheterization to measure pulmonary artery pressures and cardiac output. The diagnosis may be supported by physical findings, blood tests, chest x-rays, electrocardiograms, echocardiograms, pulmonary function tests, exercise tolerance tests (six-minute walk tests) and nuclear scans (ventilation/perfusion scan), but these tests may be negative or only suggestive of the diagnosis.
Many. There are several tests that a patient goes through to confirm primary pulmonary htn. The process usually begins with an ultrasound of the heart (echocardiogram) to identify high pressure. Other test will include lung function tests, test for blood clots, blood test for a variety of diseases and ultimately a right heart catheterization must be done.
Various. The definitive test is a right sided heart catheterization and this is required to diagnose the disease. Other tests may help as well such as echocardiogram or walking tests but you cannot diagnose pulmonary hypertension without a heart cath.