What are the tests for breast carcinoma?

Mammogram/ultrasound. The main tests used to evaluate for breast cancer are digital mammograms and breast ultrasound. If there is any abnormality or palpable lump, a core or fine needle biopsy is performed. Other tests used to help: mri, bsgi, pem. Your physician and radiologist will determine which tests are best for each individual.
Rapidly Evolving. The mainstay of early detection continue to be a screening mammogram and clinical exam. If abnormal, this will often prompt additional diagnostic imaging with a mammo and targeted ultrasound. An individualized risk assessment and breast density should be evaluated. This may prompt advanced imaging such as 3D mammo (tomo), MRI, whole breast ultrasound, or breast PET. A blood test is coming...