Is knee pain and other joint pain a symptom of als?

Joint pain may. be a symptom of arthritic processes or other inflammatory conditions, but is generally not a hallmark symptom of ALS.
No, not at all. While many worry about ALS it is actually quite rare. ALS symptoms include muscle spasticity and rapidly progressive weakness due to muscle wasting.This results in difficulty speaking,swallowing, and breathing.The disease usually starts around the age of 60 unless it is in ones family, in which case it can be seen around 50.Since that is not likely see a Ortho doctor who can diagnose you correctly.
Maybe indirectly.... .....and maybe late in the disease process when the muscles have become so weak that they can no longer stabilize the joint and it collapses.....maybe in THAT really stretched out scenario one could say joint pain can be present in ALS. Otherwise, NO WAY.....Joint pain comes under orthopedic or rheumatological disorders while ALS is MOTOR NEURON type of disease of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM origin.