Cardio ruled out heart disease, norm stress test&echo.I have minimal to no risks factors &no fam hist.non-smoker.Male Age29.Is MI/HD rare for my age?

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Minimal risk factors

You are low risk for cardiovascular disease.
Continue health habits of good diet, exercise, relaxation and count your blessings.

In brief: Minimal risk factors

Dr. Cynthia Archer

Yes, unless you are a fragile type I diabetic on dialysis, MI is rare in your age group.
There are still men your age who do have sudden cardiac death and it is most often due to use of methamphetamine or cocaine, an inherited electrical issue with the heart itself, or other congenital malformations which would have been detected on echo and during your stress test.Most can seen on a 12 lead.Relax

Dr. Christopher Smith

In brief: Heart

with no family history of early MI,s normal echo/stress test less likely hood of heart disease in your age----unless you take street drugs like cocaine or methamphetamine.
most likely cause of chest pain in your age is --posture---with inter-costal rib pain--- or gastric reflux symptoms----another cause can be IBS--with spastesity of the colon especially the splenic flexture of the large colon.

In brief: Heart

Dr. Rose Gazin

In brief: Rare but can happen

Hi, Absence of risk factors and normal stress test and echo put you at a low-risk for CHD and MI.
However some individuals are predisposed to spasms of heart arteries induced by factors such as cocaine and/or stimulant use, severe stress/anxiety/panic, and presence of certain inflammatory diseases. Such vasospasms may lead to heart muscle damage, i.e. heart disease including MI, as well.

In brief: Rare but can happen

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine