My six year old daughter has had two stomach xrays and one chest xray do this put her at greater risk for cancer....worried to much radiation. Help?

In brief: Not so much

The machines used years ago delivered higher doses of radiation but advances in technology allow them to do the same work with much less today.
I consider that level of exposure rather minor and wouldn't lose any sleep over the matter. There are so many other things we need to sort through to parent a kid that this can be put away and forgotten.

In brief: Not so much

Dr. Natalie Hodge

X rays do put children at risk for cancer.
As clinicians we are always weighing risk/benefit when we order or consider studies like this. For example if a child has abdominal pain, then a CT scan of the abdomen is potentially in order, and the risk of not doing the study outweighs the risk of DOING it. (the child could die from a perforated appendix and ensuing sepsis)

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Shontae Buffington