Contemplating surgery to remove cyst inside scrotal sack. Pain and effects of anesthesia are holding me back. How much pain and what drug to sleep?

Surgery. You must weight the risks vs the benefits of surgery. No matter what, in this day and age, you will be told every possible side effect of the procedure and medication, which in most cases are extremely remote but are told to you anyway as full disclosure. Ask your questions to the Doctor doing the procedure as most likely the pain of this procedure should not be that bad. Anesthesia do the drugs.
Yes you will have. Pain, However the pain can easily be controlled. Pain will be only moderate as they are removing a cyst. Meds to sleep , why? I f you mean anesthesia, that will need to be discussed with your doctor if it can be done under a block or general anesthesia. Should not be too bad. Best wishes.