3rd day on lexapro, (escitalopram) taking .5mg Ativan 3x day, still feeling really "panicky". Could I need higher dose maybe? Been on Ativan as needed til now.

In brief: Try to hang in there

Sometimes when you first start lexapro (escitalopram) it can actually ^ anxiety symptoms until you body gets used to it.
Then it begins to work reduce your anxiety. I wouldn't necessarily recommend a higher dose of ativan. Are you receiving other forms of therapy as well ? Have you tried cognitive behavioral therapy? Behavior Modification? Individual psychotherapy? Group psychotherapy? Qi Gong? Tai Chi? >

In brief: Try to hang in there

You are so welcome. Thank you for kind words. Be well.
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: Give the Lexapro (escitalopram)

3-4 weeks to work.
Sometimes you can get slightly more anxious the first 7-10 days on the Lexapro (escitalopram). It will decrease as you are on it longer.

3-4 weeks to work.