What are the recommended lifestyle changes for depression treatment?

Dr. Aletha Tippett
In brief: Exercise/diet/sleep
Exercise (any amount is good but ideally you should get at least 30 min on most days), make healthy food choices (see http://www.
Hsph.Harvard.Edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/pyramid/) & practice good sleep hygeine (get enough sleep, go to bed & get up at the same time every day). Try to spend some time outside daily, especially when it's sunny. Try keeping a journal.

In brief: Exercise/diet/sleep
Dr. Aletha Tippett
Dr. Aletha Tippett
Dr. Stephen Perret
Exercise in particularly is a very important "natural anti-depressant" and should likely be part of any treatment plan. There have been some studies that have shown that depression treated with an exercise regimen can be as effective as standard treatments like antidepressants.
Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: There are many.
Definitely agree with my colleagues here and would recommend exercise, and sleeping regularly.
Also would recommend getting plenty of b vitamins like b-complex and eat well and try doing things that you enjoy regularly. Staying away from alcohol and illicit drugs as well. And finally keep your self engaged with family and friends and not to isolate yourself. Socialization is important too.

In brief: There are many.
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Mounir Belcadi
I agree with my colleagues and would recommend socializing as well...see friends,visit family and as Dr Adler said : Talk to those you love :)
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Lifestyle changes
Good health, nutrition, exercise & sleep.

In brief: Lifestyle changes
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Kenneth Adler
In brief: There are many.
Exercise ! eat well.
Get plenty of sleep. Talk to those you love.

In brief: There are many.
Exercise ! eat well.
Dr. Kenneth Adler
Dr. Kenneth Adler
Dr. Eric Weisman