What are the tests for breast lump?

Exam, mammo, US, MRI. Physical examination by a trained provider is a good start. If you or the doc feel a lump then mammogram and/or ultrasound (depending on your age, etc.) is usually next. Mri is usually reserved for complex diagnoses, women with very dense breasts, or strong family history. After the workup, a needle biopsy is typically ordered if any of the above are suspicious or if the lump persists.
Exam, imaging. Always start with exam. Though usually more is needed. Ultrasound and mammogram ( X-ray) can provide helpful information as well. If there is any concern for cancer only a tissue biopsy will do. .