Fordyce spots on lips. When become really chapped, I get a whitehead directly on my lip. Inflamed Fordyce spot? When popped, it goes away. Little sore

Oral Fordyce spots. The importance of recognising these papules as Fordyce spots is in the differential diagnosis as some sexually transmitted diseases may start off looking like Fordyce spots.Fordyce spots are generally harmless and do not require any treatment. Avoid picking or squeezing the spots. Electrosurgery and vaporising laser treatment (CO2 laser) have been used along with bichloracetic acid, photodynamic therapy, micro-punch excision surgery.