Is it ok to take My Zoloft with the Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) I am taking for an infection ?

Dr. Christine Norton

You should not combine Zoloft with alcohol and you should avoid taking NSAIDs such as ibuprofen and naproxen due to increased risk of bleeding.
Zoloft also should not be taken with certain other antidepressants such as MAOI's and TCA's. But Zoloft is ok with Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim).

Dr. Leila Hashemi

In brief: Drug interaction

Hi, there is no drug interaction between zoloft and bactrim, (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) so you can take it.

In brief: Drug interaction

Dr. Matt Wachsman

they have no interaction.

they have no interaction.