What are the tests for polyarteritis nodosa?

Polyarteritis nodosa. Diagnosis made by clinical suspicion based on patient symptoms and findings .Lab findings may include elevated wbc, ESR , CRP and in some patients positive p-anca when pan involves small vessels , positive hep b or c ag or a/b in some patients . Angiogram shows typical beaded medium or small arteries with aneurysms. Biopsy of affected tissues shows arteritis. Sural nerve is commonly biopsied.
ANCA. A blood test for anca (anticytoplasmic neutrophilic antibody) is a good test to start with. The diagnosis of pan, however, rests upon confirming the presence of vasculitis with a tissue biopsy.