I cut my 8wk old sons fingernails &nicked his skin &it was bleeding. I cleaned it and put mittens on to keep him from sucking. Anything else to do?

In brief: See below.

You've done all the right things.
This often happens while cutting infants' fingernails. Just continue to keep his finger(s) clean and if there is any redness, pus or swelling, please have his doctor look at it. You may have done this and still nicked his skin, but the best way to cut fingernails on infants is with a nail clipper while they are sleeping.

In brief: See below.

You've done all the right things.
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider

In brief: Should do okay

Keep the area clean and examine it daily.
It should heal okay.In the future consider a small piece of sturdy wet/dry sandpaper,100-200 grit to take off the excess nail. I find a 1X3 inch piece will do all fingers in less than a minute, It bends to the shape and if uses with no pressure takes off nail and not skin.

In brief: Should do okay

Dr. Jonathan Jassey