I have throbbing and the taste of blood in my mouth two days after my wisdom tooth extraction. The site is not oozing blood, however. Is this normal?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: It is normal

Bleeding will occur after surgery, and it is not uncommon to ooze blood for 24-72 hours after wisdom teeth removal.
A lot of the time it looks like there is more blood than there actually is due to the saliva mixing with the blood. Avoid the vigorous mouth rinsing or touching the wound area.

In brief: It is normal

Dr. Raymond Traver
Dentistry

In brief: Probably

What you describe sounds very common and within normal .
Take the pain meds the dentist gave you and GENTLY keep it rinsed with warm salt water. Be careful not to chew on it and hopefully you are on the verge of recovery and healing

In brief: Probably

Dr. Steven Seres