Could there be a connection between the muscle twitching throughout my body and the unilateral leg swelling below the knee? Neurological?

Highly doubt it. You basically outlined the answer and its rationale in your question....Bravo....that's an artistic flare. Something focal vs. something generalized and not only that but we're talking about symptoms that little to nothing in common with each other.....twitching or possibly muscle fasciculations vs. swelling or edema. The question is what is the edema or swelling due to? Trauma, infectious dz?