Can high blood pressure cause pulmonary hypertension without the pulmonary vessels constricting?

PULMONARY PRESSURES. Hypertension can cause a myriad of problems ranging from systemic to isolated organ damage (eyes, kidneys). Pulmonary hypertension is "high pulmonary vascular pressures" typically due to a filling issue upon return to the heart (obstruction) or an intrinsic problem of the tissue of the lung itself (stiffness). High blood pressure can worsen pulmonary hypertension but it does not cause it, per se.
YesNoMaybePerhaps. That's a complicated issue. High blood pressure in general is associated with and in large part caused by vessel constriction. The pulmonary circulation is a slightly different animal but yes, it responds by constricting, often to flow problems but in other instances other problems.So the answer to your question is 'yes,but not always.' High blood pressure doesn't guarantee pulmonary hypertension.