I have stinging/burning sensation on my right throat/tonsil. A bump of somesort on the right side of my throat just behind tonsil. Sharp ache on right?

Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: See doctor asap

It could be an abscess or other cause and you need to be examined.

In brief: See doctor asap

Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Cynthia Archer

In brief: Have a doc look

At the bump. It sounds infectious, but without an exam it's impossible to know for sure.
This could be viral, or bacterial. In the means time warm salt water gargles, ibuprofen in over the counter strength for pain, and any liquids that are soothing should help you feel more comfortable. Avoid kissing and performing oral sex until this is addressed. See your doc today. Get better soon!

In brief: Have a doc look

Dr. Cynthia Archer
Dr. Cynthia Archer