What are the tests for chronic hypertension?

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: BP readings

The testing for hypertension involves checking your blood pressure on three separate occassions at least one week apart.
If you have an elevated top number called systolic >140 and/or the bottom number called the diastolic >90, then you likely have chronic hypertension and should consult your doctor for medical advice.

In brief: BP readings

Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Kevin Griffiths
Dr. Clarence Grim
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Hypertension

42 F What are the tests for chronic hypertension? ANS: 1.
be certain of chronic elevation of BP. 2. Measure BP in both arms. 3. Get home device and check against office BP. 4. Be certain BP is being taken correctly. 5. routine blood tests and urine tests. 5. Careful history. 6. Careful detailed medical exam. Let us know what they show. I do 2nd opinions for HTN. Doing for 50 years.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Clarence Grim
Dr. Clarence Grim