Do they do robotic surgery for spinal stenosis?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

Yes, some surgeries for spinal stenosis include doing some form of fusion.
In those surgeries, instrumentation is often implanted in the spine. Robotic surgeries are now available to help with placing instrumentation in the spine.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Myles Greenberg
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Other options

I agree with dr jones.
There are, however, minimally invasive options to patients. You should talk with a pain physician or spinal surgeon and ask about the new mild procedure.

In brief: Other options

I agree with dr jones.
Dr. Myles Greenberg
Dr. Myles Greenberg
Dr. Ron Jones

In brief: Maybe

Robotics being used in the spinal surgery field is early.
Only those fortunate enough to be working and teaching hospitals are probably using robotic aided spinal surgery. There are many procedures especially those procedures requiring implant or hardware where robotics are used. You will find robotic spine surgery available as a universal standard of care. At least not yet. Dr. J.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Ron Jones
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: No

There has been some work to develop robotic applications for certain cranial procedures, but none that I am aware of for spine.
The real trend in spinal procedures is with minimally invasive techniques.

In brief: No

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Will Moorehead
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

There is available robotic assisted spinal surgery outside of the university setting.
Across the country spinal surgeons are being trained and we are utilizing this technology for precision insertion of spinal instrumentation. Reducing errors and speeding recovery when combined with miss.

Dr. Will Moorehead
Dr. Will Moorehead