My friend took 5 Excedrin extra strength pills, 1 and a half Xannax, 2 ibuprofen, and 2 Tylenol (acetaminophen) cold and flu. Can she overdose?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Not good

Because it is never a good idea to accept the details from a person in such distress, I'd urge that you err on the conservative side and get her to a medical facility (ER) ASAP.
The risk of damage even if not lethal is high - so go. That way, things can begin to be treated and her future will be better. It's not your responsibility, but if she trusts you - it may really help. Best wishes.

In brief: Not good

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Dr. Arnon Rubin