I have golfers elbow in both arms but I don't play golf. I do play a racket sport (right arm only) and do weights. What is cause and how to get rid?

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Elbow pain

This is irritation caused by elbow use from any sport and will respond to a tennis elbow support 1inch application below the elbow, an anti-inflammatory daily and rest for 10 days

In brief: Elbow pain

Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Harold Fields
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Golfer's Elbows

Playing racket ball and lifting weights affect the same muscles and ligaments involved in golf.
Ideally, you should rest those ligaments and muscles for 6-8 weeks

In brief: Golfer's Elbows

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Christopher Smith

In brief: Elbow pain

lateral epicondylitis----flexor strain and restriction of the radial head usually if your are weight training with dumb bells---you are using the weights that are too heavy or too many repetitions---mostly bad form. do some push ups or light weight ---good form bench presses---it will correct the radial head and symptoms will go away------use motrin or nuprin (ibuprofen) as directed

In brief: Elbow pain

Dr. Christopher Smith
Dr. Christopher Smith
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine