What is gingivostomatitis? Is it herpes? I have canker sores inside mouth (not cold sores) few weeks ago I had swollen gums. And bump near anus.

Be patient. Herpetic gingivostomatitis is a combination of gingivitis and stomatitis and is a common infection of the mouth and gums. Although a self-limiting disease, this oral infection can cause significant mouth discomfort and frustration. The sores usually disappear within two to three weeks, regardless of whether they are treated or not.
Common occurrence . Gingivostomatitis is the long name for a condition that results in a very sore mouth. It's caused by a viral infection( herpes simplex virus) and is common in children. The symptoms can be mild or severe. While it can be disconcerting to see sores in your toddler's mouth — and to know that she hurts — usually there's no cause for worry.Gingivostomatitis can also be caused by a coxsackie virus.