I get strong head pressure when lying down to go to sleep. It feels as if blood is rushing to my head and stays there. Strong heart beat as well.

Dr. Frances Ilozue

In brief: General a check up

I will recommend a general check up with your PCP, he/she will conduct preliminary evaluation and refer you to specialist if need be.
Your symptoms could be a sign of a serious underlying condition and should not be ignored.

In brief: General a check up

Dr. Frances Ilozue
Dr. Frances Ilozue
Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: Possible anxiety

If you are anxious or worried this may be a physical response to the pressure.
Review this with your doctor and get an EKG to reassure you that your heart is stable. Depending on your age, circumstances, and physical condition, you may need medication for this and counseling. In the meantime change head positions or pillows. Sleep is healing and even helps with migraines or tension headaches.

In brief: Possible anxiety

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology