6 days ago I had a wisdom tooth pulled. Today my neck is tight and the base of my head hurts very badly. Extraction seems to be healing nicely.

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz

In brief: Wisdom tooth

That is great your extraction site is healing well but severe pain 6 days after your operation is concerning.
Your symptoms could be simply due to post op swelling/inflammation but the pain could also be indicative of an infection or bleed. It sounds like you should see a doctor in person. Alternatively, find me at ://www.healthtap.com/experts/12663165-dr-patrick-kohlitz and we can talk more

In brief: Wisdom tooth

Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Dr. Andrea Brand