I had diagnostic laparoscopic surgery for pelvic pain. M doctor didn't find any endometriosis. Does this mean I don't have it and something else is up?

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Pelvic pain

Endometriosis is one of many causes of pelvic pain which can be assessed by Laparoscopy.
However, Endometriosis can have atypical appearances during surgery that are not the textbook powder burn lesions. Assuming your MD surgeon is experienced in these atypical Endometriosis patterns then your don't have the disease and may need additional evaluation for other causes for pelvic pain.

In brief: Pelvic pain

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery