How would I go about getting a genetic test for polycystic kidney disease before ttc?

Genetic Counselor. See a genetic counselor to arrange testing. University hospitals have clinical or medical genetics divisions. Otherwise, your OB doctor, a fertility clinic, or a maternal fetal medicine or high-risk OB clinic can refer you. If the testing is positive, see a reproductive endocrinologist before you get pregnant to discuss preimplantation genetic diagnosis (pgd) to prevent your child from having pckd.