Upper spinal and muscle pain after l5s1 lumbar discectomy sugery for 9 wks now,no fever but pain radiate to front rib for 2 days and sweat.normal?

Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Possibly

However, you should continue to see your spine surgeon regularly until at least 6 months post op and inform her or him of these symptoms.
It is possible you are having a nerve impingement syndrome or muscle spasm. It should be fully evaluated, thus an MRI or EMG may be in order. Also have you started PT to strengthen your core, as that would be the next step !!! keep me posted.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Moshe Lewis
Dr. Moshe Lewis