How do you test for trigeminal neuralgia?

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: No specific test

Tests that are performed are merely to rule out the presence of underlying factors such as multiple sclerosis or a tumor. A full exam is performed.
After discussion of type and location of the pain, your doctor will eliminate possible causes. If it warrants further investigation, MRI may be ordered.

In brief: No specific test

Dr. Stephen Rodrigues

In brief: NO specific tests

Tn is a type of facial pain.
Tn overlap with myofascial patterns. Don't wait to start care the pain can make you wish you were dead! think flesh/tissue and not nerves for face pain! begin a self-care wellness program of vits, magnesium glycinate, sleep hygiene, self/pro massage, chiropractor, heat, epsom soaking, stretching. I use acupuncture!

In brief: NO specific tests

Tn is a type of facial pain.
Dr. Vikram Patel