What are tests for thoracic outlet syndrome?

No specific test. Unfortunately, there is no specific "thoracic outlet syndrome test". There are a number of things that may lead your physician to consider this diagnosis, but quite frankly the diagnosis is often overlooked. Symptoms are pain above your collarbone or in the affected arm, but the process can also affect the vein and artery to the arm. Studies of the arteries and veins can confirm the diagnosis.
EMG and Ultrasound. A few new approaches to diagnose tos are available now. Ultrasound imaging may demonstrate the narrowing than compresses nerves and blood vessels. New EMG techniques can show abnormal nerve function over the thoracic outlet. Angiographic imaging of blood vessels can display the local compressions.