Is there anyway to test for sleep apnea without sleeping in lab?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: No
Excessive sleepiness by day.
Often it is the spouse that spots the apneas but many people do not have any idea that they have sleep apnea. I have become pretty certain that the underlying cause is bad diet. See my blog "oxygen, the spark of life" that you can google.

In brief: No
Excessive sleepiness by day.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Home tests.
There are home sleep tests available, but if they're abnormal you would probably need the formal in-lab test anyway.
If it's normal then you could probably stop right there if the pretest suspicion of sleep apnea isn't too high. The in-lab test is ultimately the best.

In brief: Home tests.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry
In brief: Home sleep studies
Home sleep studies are becoming more popular.

In brief: Home sleep studies
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. R Sangal
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: Yes but
Home testing can be done for sleep apnea, but it is not as good as testing in a lab with more errors both for false positives and false negatives.
I would suggest using a sleep lab that is accredited by the american academy of sleep medicine to be reasonably certain of good quality.

In brief: Yes but
Dr. R Sangal
Dr. R Sangal