I have seen four ENT's for what seems to be eustachian tube disorder. Before I flew on a plane with a bad cold ~2 years ago, I would get fluid in my ears and it would clear after some time. Now (beyond this issue) since the flight, I have slight tinnitu

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatrics - Emergency Medicine

In brief: ENT would know best

Put together the solutions you have been given and review these with your doctor. Because of the ringing insure your inner ears are healthy.
There is very little you can do to make Eustachian tubes behave. Sometimes a course of steroids will help and if there is an indication placing tubes. All the best.

In brief: ENT would know best

Dr. Katharine Cox
Dr. Katharine Cox

In brief: Your are taking

right direction by seeing ENT specialist, Eustachian tube balances pressure in middle ear to out side for optimum function of tympanic membrane & ossicles , during air flight cabin is pressurized as if you are at 10 000 ft above sea level , a clogged tube can cause your symptoms , go back for follow up visit Your doctor will make sure the E tube is opened.
You will get relief

In brief: Your are taking

You will get relief
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Addagada Rao
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
How do you make sure the Eustacian tube is open? if there is a Patulous Eustachian tube, it collapses dynamically. To help equalize the pressure, need a PE tube inserted and eval for allergies and trial of antihistamines and decongestants.
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tinnitus

I'm not sure what we can add to 4 ENTs you have consulted in person who have reviewed your detailed medical history and examined you.
Did anyone suggest tympanostomy or tubes? have you had any hearing loss on audiogram? if yes, was there any SNHL? we also dont know what medication you may be on as many medications can cause tinnitus. Riboflavinoids are thought to help reduce tinnitus. see ENT.

In brief: Tinnitus

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Marsha Davis