Are chronic hypertension patients regularly tested for kidney failure?

Kidney failure. In well controlled hypertension patients we usually watch kidney function at least once a year if not more frequently. If there is evidence of early kidney damage then that frequency might be more often. A blood test or a urine test will give us a good idea how the kidneys are functioning.
Yes. Yes. They should be tested for kidney disease as hypertension is one the leading causes of kidney failure world wide.
Health screening. Most physicians following the same guidelines when it comes to health screening. A patient with high blood pressure would be checked for diabetes, elevated cholesterol, and kidney dysfunction from time to time. The testing is a simple blood and urine test.