6 weeks ago I under went carpal tunnel release in both hands. I am curious about my post operative symptoms.

Shocks and pain ok. Generally, 3-6 months after a carpal tunnel release, patients can experience soreness and achiness. Some have electrical discharges in their arms. If the carpal tunnel was moderate to severe before the surgery, sometimes the numbness or tingling does not go away.
Fu with surgeon. You would probably need to discuss directly with your surgeon, as he knows more specifics about your case. You can still get better for several more weeks, so you may just need more time. If symptoms of nerve pain persist beyond 16 weeks, you may need to be checked for other causes, such as a cervical radiculopathy.
Speak to your. surgeon regarding questions you have about postoperative findings. Typically some can still have slight tenderness in the palm. |Numbness and tingling doesn't go away at the same rate in everyone and a lot depends upon the extent or the degree of carpal tunnel findings preoperatively.
What symptoms. After carpal tunnel release, a patient can experience many things such as pain at the surgical site, weakness, abnormal sensations. It really depends on what you're asking about. Also, carpal tunnel syndrome has varying degrees of severity and the surgery is best at halting the progression of the disease while recovery is often dependent on the severity prior to surgery.