How can I insist on special tests, i.E. Blood tests, tests for food allergies?

Offer to pay. Laboratory as well as radiological testing is one of the most expensive things we do in medicine. Insurance companies have contrived to reduce payments to physicians to amounts they paid 20-30 years ago. A medical opinion by a credentialed, board-certified specialist is a bargain. See an allergist. But if you must have that special test for your reassurance offer to pay for it out-of-pocket.
Just ask. Keep in mind however, that blood testing for food allergies can sometimes overestimate allergic reactivity. Thus, skin testing is usually the preferred method. Talk to your allergist about which method would be best for you.