Can you take both Prilosec and Zantac (ranitidine) for acid reflux?

Gerd. These medications have differing mechanisms of action and usually it's not necessary to take them together although I don't think it is harmful to do so. Zantac (ranitidine) has a quicker onset of action and thus relieves heartburn quicker, but overall, taking prilosec daily is more effective for most patients but should there be breakthrough heartburn, taking a zantac (ranitidine) in addition for quick relief may help.
Sure. The two medications have different mechanisms of action and can work together to control your symptoms. They can be safely taken together.
Yes if necessary. Zantac (ranitidine) is an H2 Blocker; Prilosec is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI). They both inhibit acid production in the stomach, but Prilosec is more potent. Both are available in over the counter doses. It is rarely necessary to take both. You can start with an H2 blocker, then try PPI if no improvement. Reducing caffeine, alcohol, smoking, spicy/greasy foods, and eating before lying down are important.