Today I went for tooth filling and I think the drill machine touched side of my tongue and it hurts. Should I take antibiotics?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It is not a bad idea

To take the antibiotic, consult the dentist.

In brief: It is not a bad idea

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: No

Having the tongue abraded by the dental handpiece is a very common thing to happen during a filling.
The tongue is very active and seems to have a mind of it's own, so it is often hard for the dentist to avoid abrading it slightly. The good thing is that the tongue heals very quickly and you will not need antibiotics or any other treatment if it was a small cut. Just some time to let it heal.

In brief: No

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: Perhaps

Inform youir dentist.
You may have bit it when it was numb also. Watch for swelling and increase pain. If things start turning worse call your dentist and he will prescribe you some antibiotics.

In brief: Perhaps

Inform youir dentist.
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Meng Syn
Dr. Keegan Duchicela