What kind of doctor should I see having testicle pain?

A urologist. Urologists are physicians who treat problems associated with the urinary tract and genitalia. General surgeons take care of groin hernias, which can be associated with testicular pain or discomfort. Hernia should be suspected if you experience a groin or scrotal bulge when you cough or sneeze, but disappears when lying down.