What psychotherapy is best for helping an adult learn social skills?

Dr. Laura Davies

In brief: Group

Many things can be helpful, and it primarily depends on your diagnosis.
In general, to improve social skills, group therapy can be helpful.

In brief: Group

Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Group Therapy

I have been conducting group for over 25 years and I have found this modality extremely effective in improving social skills, particularly expanding one's empathetic range.

In brief: Group Therapy

Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Kevin Nasky

In brief: Depends

Depends on the particular disorder (causing the social skills deficits) and the individual's particular strengths and weaknesses, thus thorough assessment is key to 'prescribing' the therapy that best "fits" the person.
Common techniques to teach social skills include instruction, modeling , role-playing, shaping, feedback, and reinforcement, .

In brief: Depends

Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Jack Hinkle