What psychotherapy is best for helping an adult learn social skills?

Dr. Laura Davies
In brief: Group
Many things can be helpful, and it primarily depends on your diagnosis.
In general, to improve social skills, group therapy can be helpful.

In brief: Group
Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Laura Davies
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology
In brief: Group Therapy
I have been conducting group for over 25 years and I have found this modality extremely effective in improving social skills, particularly expanding one's empathetic range.

In brief: Group Therapy
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Dr. Kevin Nasky
In brief: Depends
Depends on the particular disorder (causing the social skills deficits) and the individual's particular strengths and weaknesses, thus thorough assessment is key to 'prescribing' the therapy that best "fits" the person.
Common techniques to teach social skills include instruction, modeling , role-playing, shaping, feedback, and reinforcement, .

In brief: Depends
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Kevin Nasky
Dr. Adam Smith